Making Treaty 7 Call for artist Touring Exhibition
Making Treaty 7 Cultural Society is looking indigenous visual artists for their 2nd annual exhibition at cSpace, Calgary (September 2019). Artist must be First Nations, Inuit or Métis, and are either from the Treaty 7 region or call Alberta home. This call is open to all levels of artists (senior, midcareer and emerging) and of any age.
WE ASK THAT YOU PLEASE SHARE THIS CALL WITH ALL INDIGENOUS ARTISTS IN YOUR COMMUNITY. YOUR HELP IN GETTING THE WORD OUT IS GREATLY APPRECIATED.
This is a touring exhibition which will then go to Arts Commons, Calgary and the Calgary Central Library. Here are the dates:
cSpace: Opening Wednesday September 18 until September 29, 2019
Art Commons: Opening Wednesday Oct 1 until November 29th
New Central Library: Opening Monday December 2 until January 18
The following materials should be included in your application:
- Artist Statement: describing your current artistic practice and the broader context of your work, research, and interests (approximately, but not limited to 50 – 250 words).
- Support Material:
- Up to ten pieces of additional support material, including digital images, videos, or audio clips (no longer than 3 minutes in duration). Subject matter reflected in works submitted for consideration is not limited to Indigenous issues or traditional subject matter, though it is strongly appreciated and supported.
- A corresponding numbered image list detailing the artwork’s title, medium, physical size, date of completion, exhibition requirements and any other necessary descriptors.
- Support material should be of the actual art works you are submitting for exhibition consideration and be exhibition ready.
- Submission Format:
- MT7 only accepts digital submissions via e-mail.
- Please format all written materials as a single PDF document. Images must be numbered RGB .jpeg files with a maximum resolution of 1024 x 768 pixels at 72 DPI and no larger than 1 MB in size.
- Emailed applications must be submitted in a single .zip folder containing both documents and images.
If you have any questions, or required assistance in submitting your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 587-899-1877 and leave a message and Miriam will get back to you.
Please note that accepted artist will be responsible for shipping their works to:
The Making Treaty 7 Cultural Society
608 1 St SW
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
In the case a number of artists are shipping from the same region, art pick up by MT7 will be considered.
If you would like a studio visit by an MT7 representative please email email@example.com to arrange one (limited to those in the Calgary area).
All liability regarding the works shipping and exhibiting insurance costs is the responsibility of the artist.